Welcome to the Green Resources page. Here you will find green living resources, tips, ideas, and more. This content will help you and your family live a more healthy and eco-friendly lifestyle.
All content was contributed by Medfield Green members or speakers at Medfield Green meetings. To contribute information, email it to email@example.com with "Add to website" in the subject line.
Thanks and Enjoy!
General Green Living
Renovating and Remodeling Resources (Updated April 2013)
- Cards and Wrapping References:
- Our Favorite Newsletters and Websites
- www.dld123.com - Debra Lynn Dadd's website is full of helpful, practical solutions for your questions about safe, healthy products and lifestyle choices.
- www.thegreenguide.com - The Green Guide is a National Geographic Publication that provides detailed information about many of the topics our group has addressed.
- www.greenlivingtips.com - Earth friendly advice for a greener planet. Reducing costs, consumption & impact on the environment!
- www.ecomomalliance.org - The Eco Mom Alliance is a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization inspiring and empowering mothers to help reduce the climate crisis and create a sustainable future. In the process, we also help to alleviate the isolation and overextension so common among mothers in contemporary society. Medfield Green Moms is a member of this organization.
- Videos - Here are some videos we find compelling. After watching these, it is easy to understand why we are so committed to these issues.
- From the Students in Arianna Hernandez's Science Class at the Valley Charter School in California. Thanks Kids!
Resources for Simple Steps to a Healthy Lawn for You, Your Family and Pets Meeting on March 8, 2012
Our featured speaker, Charles "Chip" Osborne, Jr., founder and President of Osborne Organics, LLC, has worked over 15 years to create safe, sustainable and healthy athletic fields and landscapes. Along the path to greening his own industry practices, Chip became a regular lecturer for the Northeast Organic Farming Association, a board member of Beyond Pesticides, Chairman of the Marblehead, Massachusetts' Recreation and Parks Department, and speaker nationwide on the topic of turf management for athletic fields and landscapes. He speaks to a wide audience of sports field professionals, state and municipal agencies, and community groups. He has also spoken in front of Congress and the EPA. Visit his website: www.osborneorganics.com.
Additional certified organic lawn care professionals who will be in attendance are:
- Monique Allen, The Garden Continuum, www.thegardencontinuum.com
- Mike Lueders, Lueders Environmental, www.luedersco.com
- Mike Murray, Organic Soil Solutions, www.organicsoilsolutions.com
We were inspired to hold our meeting on lawn care after learning more on this website and also after seeing the movie “A Chemical Reaction.” Visit www.safelawns.org for more information.
Resources and Information
Information from the April 2011 Local Green Shopping Meeting
School Supplies, Lunches, Papergoods, Backpacks, etc.
As you shop for back-to-school necessities, we encourage you to look for products made of natural and/or recycled material, that can be re-used instead of thrown away, and that offer environmentally-friendly and healthier alternatives to products that contain harmful chemicals. We have compiled a list of some websites and stores that offer these types of products.
Download The Medfield Green Back-to-School 2010 Shopping Guide here!!!!
Red Apple School Supply – binders, notebooks, paper, portfolios, pencils, pens, markers, rulers, highlighters, erasers – all made of recycled, reclaimed or managed forest products: www.redapplesupply.com
Grassroots Environmental Products (Ships from Canada. Prices are in $CDN.) – post-consumer recycled paper, folders, notebooks, binders, solvent-free glue sticks, unbleached cotton pencil cases, biodegradable corn pens, etc.: www.grassrootsstore.com
- Stubby Pencil Studio – eco art supplies: pencils, colored pencils, crayons, markers, paints, etc.: www.stubbypencilstudio.com/
Lord's – eco-friendly computer paper and pencils
Waste-Free Snacks and Lunches:
Reusablebags.com – lunch bags, laptop lunch boxes, sandwich bags, food containers, utensils: www.reusablebags.com
Lord's – stylish, eco-friendly, insulated lunch bags by KOKO and Mario Batali, Medfield Nalgene water bottles
Laptop Lunches – bento boxes, stainless steel drink bottles and lunch jars (10% discount: promo code is MEDFIELD. No Expiration. Medfield Green also receives 10% back): secure.laptoplunches.com
Klean Kanteen – stainless steel drink bottles: www.kleankanteen.com
Green Bottle – stainless steel drink bottles (20% discount: promo code is MEDFIELD. No Expiration): greenbottleonline.com
Snack Taxi – snack, sandwich and lunch bags: snacktaxi.com
ReSnackit – reusable snack and sandwich bags: resnackit.com
Hand-Sanitizer, Wipes & Paper Goods:
Cleanwell – hand sanitizer and individual sanitizing wipes: www.cleanwelltoday.com (also at Target, Whole Foods, Stop & Shop and other stores)
Seventh Generation – 100% recycled tissue, napkins and paper towels:www.seventhgeneration.com (also in many stores)
Shaw's, Roche Bros., Whole Foods, CVS stock their own brands of recycled paper products
Shoes and Backpacks:
- New! Sun, Bugs, and Food: Summer Personal Care
Download this informative PDF file to learn more about fighting bugs (especially those pesky skeeters), sunscreen, and local/organic food. Enjoy the Summer!
Download the file
- Information, Speakers, and Vendors from the November 2010 Meeting.
- The meeting went really well and there was so much information that was shared by the Ava Anderson, Apriorti and HolECO companies as well as by the speaker, Elizabeth Saunders from Alliance for a Healthy Tomorrow.
- If you did not have the opportunity to come to the meeting, no worries, here are some websites that will give information that we received that night.
- Web Sites:
- www.healthytomorrow.org - A coalition of citizens, scientists, health professionals and educators seeking preventive action on toxic hazards. Medfield Green is proud to be on the Alliance of Healthy Tomorrow Governing board.
- www.safecosmetics.org - A non-profit coalition dedicated to eliminating chemicals linked to cancer, birth defects and other health problems from personal care products
- www.cosmeticdatabase.com - A safety guide to cosmetics and personal care products by researchers at Environmental Working Group.
- Vendor' information
- www.aprioribeauty.com/ic/kirstyoung - Apriori Beauty skincare line has safety built into every proprietary formula, including; ZERO Parabens, ZERO SLS or SLES, ZERO Synthetic Fragrances or Dyes ZERO Harsh or Toxic Chemicals ZERO Animal Ingredients or Testing EU Compliant Dermatologist tested pH correct Natural Delivery Systems, Natural Preservative, Systems Organic, Performance and Natural Ingredients. This line has signed the Safe Cosmetic Compact agreement.
- www.AvaAndersonNonToxic.com - Ava Anderson is the full line of skin care and cosmetics in the country with ingredients that are ALL "0" on the cosmeticsdatabase.com. All products are 100% non toxic and safe. Vegan and animal testing free, too. Please contact Diane Grossman firstname.lastname@example.org Consultant ID# 2079
- www.holeecolife.com - HolEco life brings you a line of eco-conscious health care and lifestyle products with the highest quality, natural and chemical-free ingredients made in the USA. Each holeco® life product is handcrafted with love, designed to honor your health and well-being and the health and well-being of the planet as a whole. All products in this collection are minimally packaged using recyclable and reusable materials that is kind to the environment. *** Since holiday shopping season is coming, the owner of HolECO Life has offered MEDFIELD GREEN FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $75. All they need to do, when they register online is to put the code "Medfield" and they will receive the discount. Valid offer 11/17/10-11/30/10***
- Personal Care Products Meeting Resources from October 15, 2009
- Organic Soaps from Vermont Soap Organics ( www.vermontsoap.com/). The Lavender Ecstasy foaming hand soap is wonderful! It smells great, lasts a long time and is organic. It is a treat every time you wash your hands. I bought the regular size bottles and then a 1 gallon size for refilling. The price for the gallon seems high even on sale, but it lasts a very long time. Cindy Cimo
- Next Step Living, Cambridge, MA. "The company provides a free energy audit (paid for by the state) and makes recommendations as to how to reduce your energy costs by making improvements to your home. If you agree to have the work done, the company performs the work and files for up to a 70% rebate from the state (there is a $maximum for the rebate, I think it is about $2000), thereby reducing your cost." - Ros Smythe